A living church - growing a natural place of beauty
Planted in August 2015, this living church is already well on its way to being the ideal venue for celebrating life’s important moments. When fully grown, it will be a very peaceful, serene and spiritual experience, with an energy which helps make an occasion truly magical. You will enter through the small, arched entrance, and begin to make your way down the twenty metre-long grass aisle, bringing you to a white stone altar. Beyond the altar there is a large gothic window with a view over the valley beyond.
For hosts and guests alike, there will be a sense of awe when entering into the living church. The hedged walls, the gothic glassless windows, and an airy canopy of trees will form a living, breathing chapel, whilst birdsong from native tui attracted by the nearby flax and kowhai will give each occasion a stunningly natural ambience.
A slice of countryside magic
- 12 Kilometres from Martinborough
- The Church seats 180 guests with a 2 metre wide aisle
- If required there is ample room at the front of the tree church for a choir or musical instruments
- The approach to the tree church is via a35 metre leafy arched walkway.
- Set in 3 acres of lawn and hedges framing spectacular views and sculptures.